Monday 2 June 2014

Evening Skincare Routine

Bonjour lovelies! 

I thought I'd do an evening skincare routine post because I think I've finally got a routine that I'm happy with and I wanted to share it! I'm not going to lie - I'm not hugely into skincare. I don't have loads of stuff but I'm happy with what I have!

Note - I have combination/dry skin and this tends to be my everyday evening skincare routine unless I'm feeling lazy! Ill post my lazy one at a later date.

To take off my makeup, I use the Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Oil and take 1-2 pumps of that and massage it onto my skin to loosen all of the makeup. I then take a muslin cloth and soak it in hot water, wring out the excess and clean my face with it.


I then take the Garnier Micellar Cleansing water and put some on a cotton pad and sweep it over my face to get rid of any excess makeup that might be there and particularly my under eyes as some eyeliner might be hanging around if I had it on my waterline.


I then take the Body Shop Vitamin E face mist and spray that on my face. It's nice and refreshing and perfect for the summer months when you need cooled down. I make sure that I spray it at least 1cm away from my face because it has rose water in it and strong scents irritate my nose!


If needed I apply the Body Sop Tea Tree blemish gel to the areas where I need it. My face tends to stay spot-free but in the spring time, midgies bite my face like crazy so I need the blemish stick to help me out!


Then I apply moisturiser. At night I use the Oilatum Natural Repair moisturiser as I have dry skin so I need a thicker moisturiser that can slowly sink in over night so that my face is hydrated the next morning. A little goes a long way and it does the job perfectly.


Last but not least I apply the Boots Cucumber Eye Gel under my eyes as I suffer from hay fever in the summer so I need something cooling under my eyes to take the puffiness away. Then I apply the Nuxe Rêve De Miel lip balm onto my lips and that's the end of my skincare routine!


Usually on a Sunday night, I put on a face mask that is brightening and wakes up my skin for Monday! The one I love is the Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask. Tea Tree is an antiseptic which is great if you have blemishes but I find the mask just makes you look great once you wash it off!

I know it seems like I might use a lot, but it really doesn't take long because I'm not one to spend ages   because I don't actually enjoy all that faffing around! You might be able to tell that I quite like the Body Shop!!

Hope yous have enjoyed this post! I'll do a morning routine one once I've perfected my routine because let's be honest - no one wants fuss first thing do they?

Au Revoir

No comments:

Post a Comment