Monday 9 June 2014

Life Update!

Bonjour lovelies, how are you all?

Today's post is just an update on life at the moment as I have no motivation to write about anything else. Must be the depressingly dull weather here in Scotland as it has rained from about midday!

Life has been going well so far. I've completed first year at university, found out that i've passed all the exams that ive had the results back for so far and after 6 months of unemployment and endless job applications and trying to make myself sound like a good candidate, I finally have a job!

I am so happy that I finally have a job again after so long! The last time I was employed, I worked in River Island as a temp over the festive period and since that post finished, I have been desperate for a job since. After so many job applications and endless amounts of CVs being handed out, I received what I thought was a rejection e-mail that actually turned out to be interview details for one of my favourite stores - Primark!

I know Primark doesn't sound very exciting to work for but I have been so desperate and wanting a job in the retail industry as ive worked there before plus my brother works in Primark so what better person to take me to work and bring me back! And, im really enjoying it so far.

I completed my first 2 shifts at the weekend and working on the tills is a completely different environment than working on the shop floor, and to be honest, working on tills passes more time meaning that your shift doesn't drag!

Back to my life! I recently posted my evening skincare routine and while I thought it was the perfect routine for me, I suffered from a breakout which rarely happens to me. I knew it was something new I was using and instantly suspected the Body Shop Vitamin E mist and I was right! I stopped using it and my skin cleared up straight away so i've been using the Mac Fix + if i want something refreshing to spray my face with instead.

Also, in my May Favourites post, I reported that I had no disappointments that month. I have a disappointment. The new Garnier Ultimate Blends Shampoo and Conditioner with Argan Oil made my hair so greasy its unreal! I knew that was the culprit as I am Tresseme loyal and used that shampoo as a change. It was so bad (my hair after 1 day) that I tried to dry shampoo my hair clean at 8.30am on Tuesday morning, the day of my Primark induction at 9am and I got dry shampoo on my hair, black uniform, my desk and the contents of my desk! Disaster!

I have big plans for my 1st year university series and this weather is getting in the way of me taking some nice pictures for a post I had planned. I was going to take some nice pictures in my garden but I dont know when that will go ahead because its supposed to rain all week! Hopefully the sun will come out or it will stop raining at least and I will have more nice pictures on my blog to go with my posts!

I will leave this post here as I go off to hang out with my brother, fight off this annoying sore throat/ears combination and watch my Star Plus dramas at 10 and 10.30pm :)

Au Revoir ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment