Friday 30 May 2014

May Favourites!

Bonjour lovelies, hope you are all well!

Today's post is my May favourites! May has been a weird, crazy month filled with exams so I've been reaching for products that I know work well to save time in the mornings! As far as I can remember, I didn't have any disappointments this month so this post will be a favourites only.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Sticks  (£4.49) - OMG these eyeshadow sticks do NOT move. I apply a primer first as my eyeshadow creases without a primer and then I apply the eyeshadow stick straight only my lids and blend the edges with either my finger or a brush. I have 4/6 shades - Blackmail, Bootleg Brown, Bad Girl Bronze and Tempting Turquoise and they are only £4.49 so not too expensive as well. Bad Girl Bronze is the colour I have been wearing the most and it is just WOW!

Watery eyed people - Blackmail stays on the waterline for most of the day (we will need to touch up the under and outer corners of the waterline) but it doesn't leak outside your eyes and disrupt the rest of your makeup!!!!!




Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette  (£22) - I've been reaching for this on a daily basis because it has the colours you need for a nice neutral eye in a compact palette. I wear Naked 2 all over the lid and Faint in the crease almost every day! Perfect for every day wear.



Rimmel Apocalips Lip Laquer (£6.49) - Rimmel are really impressing me again! I still remember my first ever mascara which was a Rimmel one... I have had Apocaliptic for ages and ages and it scared me because I was always under the impression that it was a stain and I HATE lip stains but then I watched a YouTube video and saw that it was a liquid lipstick and that I NEEDED Celestial in my life. However, when I went to Superdrug to get it, someone out Nova in its place and I realised when i got home (girl who put Nova in the wrong place - you are so lucky that I like Nova too otherwise I would not have been very happy!) I then used my Boots points to buy Celestial and I'm so happy I've got it! They just glide on the lips and are a nice cross between a gloss and a lipstick if you are not sure what to wear. I have Celestial, Nova, Apocaliptic, Out of this World and I got Big Bang (*ahem* the Big Bang theory *ahem*) for my birthday!



Nuxe Rêve De Miel (£9.50) - After discovering Amelia Liana's YouTube channel, I saw her talk about this lip balm and anything French means I need to buy it (I speak/study French if you didn't know). I went to Space NK (Princes Square, Glasgow) with Becca and we both tried it on and since then I needed it. So, for my birthday (19th of May) I bought myself Rêve de Miel as a birthday present to myself and I'm so glad I did. I suffer from a dry bottom lip and I've tried lip balms in the past but none seem to have done the job as well as the Nuxe one. It dries semi-matte which makes it a nice base for lipstick to go on smoothly and not emphasise the dry patches!


Essie 'Snap Happy'  Nail Polish (limited edition I think) - I saw this in TK Max and didn't think much of this nail polish as I thought it was just another boring red but NO, it is one of my favourite reds that has taken over Rimmel's 'Double Decker Red'. It is an orange-red and I got 1 full week's wear out of it with no chipping! I even ran out of top-coat and im surprised at how long it lasted with no top coat. If you can get your hands on it, you will not regret it! The formula is very smooth and the brush makes application very easy.






Non-beauty Favourites: 

Music - Kyo's new album 'L'équilibre' was released in March and I'm still in love. I cannot stop listening to Les Vents Contraires!

TV Show - How I Met Your Mother - OMG Barney and Robins wedding is approaching (in the uk) and we have finally met the mother!!!

Food - I tasted my first Tango Ice Blast this month (I know im a little late!) and it sparked my love for Slush Puppies from when i was a child! Raspberry and Strawberry mixed is just amazing 




Thats all I can really think of this month! Hopefully in June, I'll rediscover some new/old products and have more favourites next month!

Au Revoir ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment